Colorado clean-tech firms and investors revamp their focus after federal money dries up
By Mark Jaffe
In a Country where Cleantech has become a dirty word in too many circles,
Aravaipa is investing in EFFICIENCY-Tech ventures that even oil executives can buy into, and that will, in addition, have a rapid and substantial green impact .
Aravaipa Venture Fund LLC (“Aravaipa”) is the
only fund investing exclusively in EFFICIENCY-Tech,
low-capital-intensive, early-stage companies in Colorado. Founded in 2008,
Aravaipa has already invested $8M in eight Colorado companies.
- Focuses exclusively on EFFICIENCY-Tech, low-capital-intensive, early-stage Color ventures.
- Maintains local hands-on management of its portfolio companies.
- Offers an Impact Investment Fund with unparalleled Investor-Manager Alignment.
- Has built a unique existing portfolio of companies, so new investors are not “First in,” but rather can invest “Eyes wide open” after taking an Aravaipa Tour.
- Has generated a proven EFFICIENCY-Tech deal flow in Colorado with strong ties to Colorado universities, incubators and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
Left: RavenWindows at NREL in Golden, CO
Right: Sundolier in downtown Denver, CO